My Very First Blog Post Ever!

Sew, I wanted to be the first to post on this awesome and fun blog my awesome and fun friend B started. I am so excited to share all my Do Not Do's with everyone. And I have a lot! I think I will start with my most recent and then work backwards. So I recently made a reversible skirt. I got the idea from Etsy. I look on there all the time but never buy anything because I always think " I could make that!" and then I make up my own pattern and it never turns out how I had imagined. I usually make my own patterns which is why I have so much advice on what not to do. So anyways, back to my skirt, one side is this super cute cotton but the other side is a heavier fabric (I'm not sure what) and I made it about mid-calf length. It ended up so heavy that my regular elastic couldn't hold it up! I had to go buy that no-roll stuff that is a lot thicker and less stretchy. It is still not the greatest. I think I will also have to add a drawstring just so it doesn't fall down in church while I'm walking down the hall! I am going to post a picture as soon as I figure out how. I hope you all enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy writing it.

 

0 comments: